Sunday, January 26, 2014

Daily Schedule? Not Exactly.

   I'm a list maker. I make lists for everything, from packing for vacation to grocery shopping (in order by aisle, no less). It can get out of hand, really. I'm also a chart maker (chore charts, meal plans, weekly goals, you name it). I can't tell you how many "daily schedules" I've made, in an attempt to run the lives of my family. I'm talking down to the minute (i.e. 8:47-brush teeth). It's ridiculous to think ANYONE can keep such a tight leash on themself, much less an entire family of five. So, I quit. One day, I just woke up and said, "That's it! Why am I doing this?!" No more formal schedules for this household.

    Now, that said, we do have to keep some sort of order to our day. Therefor, in list-maker fashion, I came up with what I like to call our "Daily Order of Events." This is just an order in which to get things accomplished. We are usually all up and moving by 8am, and the kids are normally on their way to bed (one by one, by order of age, in 30 minute intervals) between 8:30 and 10pm, with the exception of Friday, when they stay up later for Family Movie Night. From point A to point B, a lot of day takes place. Below is what the kids' "order of events" looks like during the months of January, February, and March of 2014. The order changes seasonally, to accommodate various activities. I try to stay a step ahead of their schedule. For example, I'm cooking breakfast as they wake, and I'm doing laundry during their free time. Oh to be a kid again!



What does your day usually look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment