Monday, March 31, 2014

Easy and Tasty Mashed Cauliflower


This is oh-so-easy, and my family LOVES it! Seriously. My kids eat this up, every time I make it.

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup cream cheese (or I use Philadelphia 1/3 less fat than cream cheese)
1 & 1/2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. chopped chives (optional)

Boil the cauliflower crowns, until tender (about 7-8 minutes). The smaller you cut it, the quicker it will cook.

Drain, and immediately mash with the cream cheese (or Philly) and butter. I put the butter and cream cheese (Philly) at the bottom of the bowl, and dump the drained cauliflower on top, so it melts right away.

After you've reached your desired consistency, stir in the garlic salt and pepper. Garnish with the chives.

*Now, you can puree this, if you prefer a creamier texture. However, my kids say they like it best "grainy like grits."--That's a direct quote from tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment