Friday, May 2, 2014

Day in the Life: Our Typical Homeschool Friday

Last installment in this series. Please be sure to check out our Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Day-in-the-Life posts as well, for a comprehensive example of what an entire homeschool week is like, for us.


Fridays are our fun days. We work hard all week long, so on Fridays I try to make things a little less ordinary. We typically spend a lot more time outside, on Fridays, but today was yet another rainy spring day. 

This was our day, on May 2, 2014. It was a very typical Friday, with the exception of being stuck inside, because of the rain.


My day began with some sweet snuggles from my four year old, who climbed into my bed. Then, I sat on the back porch with my coffee and a great book, that my sister-in-law recommended, while my youngest followed his dad around, during his morning routine. 


Once the hubs was off to work, and the older kids were up, I made them breakfast taquitos.


After everyone ate, washed up, and finished their chores, we got down to business. My daughter started with language arts, while my oldest read his literature assignment (The Odyssey Part 2), and my youngest played quietly in his room.


Next, my 14 year old did a typing lesson, that related to his literature study. My 9 year old did a bevy of review math problems on the white board, as I watched for any mistakes. During this time, my preschooler painted.


Lunch!


Then, we played a few rounds of Scrabble.


Still raining, so we watched a Bill Nye.


My daughter practiced her drums (she takes lessons online), while we all enjoyed the dope beats.


Lastly, a typical Friday "fun snack" and a little free reading. 

That concludes school, for this Friday. We typically finish an hour or two earlier on Fridays, than we do the rest of the week. It was a quiet day, excluding the drum session, of course. We'd much prefer to be out doors, but rainy days are nice enough. Friday is homemade pizza night, and family movie night. So we're getting geared up for that. It's been a good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment