Sunday, January 26, 2014

Monster Cupcakes


I'm a little embarrassed to admit how much fun I had making these. I got the idea off of something I saw on Pinterest, but they were aliens, and I did not follow their accompanying recipe. For these funny little guys, I used my favorite brownie mix, the boxed kind (Eek! I know.), but I always substitute butter for the oil and milk for the water. This easy adjustment leaves any boxed baking mix tasting more homemade. Then, I put the brownie mix into lined cupcake tins, and baked at 350 for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, I made a simple icing by mixing 2 cups of powdered sugar, 2tbsp of softened butter, 2 tbsp of milk, and 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Next, I divided the icing evenly into 3 separate bowls, and added a few drops of neon gel food coloring to each one.

I almost didn't even want to ice these....


After the brownie-cupcakes had cooled completely, I iced them (four of each color), and the kids helped decorate them with assorted candies. This was the fun part. Giggles had by all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment